Whats that pic-8

Hi good day everyone!
Guess how I was greeted today morning:

Every monsoon we have a Live Orchestra every night in the ground opposite our building. The band members are frogs, toads,crickets along with regulars-stray dogs.

This year it has started earlier due to the nala created to drain off water from the ground. This became the breeding ground for them.

Today was exceptional. Morning 6am as I got out for gym I could see movement in the small pond formed in the center of the ground. First I thought its small birds, then on careful observation noticed YELLOW frogs leaping around.

Wished I had my camera but was getting late. So when I returned saw a huge crowd of muncipality school children curiously watching this wonder. Quickly went & got my camera. Clicked a couple of pics. By then the kids were getting bolder & were ready to pelt them with stones. Thankfully their teachers came around & got everyone back in school.


The mating season is going for them so according to the info I could find on google, the male toads croak to attract the females.
I still couldnt find the exact name of these unusual coloured frogs/toads. I have seen grey, green, black,... frogs but Yellow is a first timer.

Update: Got more info after mailing Varad Giri
These are the Indian Bull Frogs. This is one of the largest frogs in India. During the breeding season the males become bright yellow with blue vocal sacs.




Throughout the day & even night the place was frequented by curious crowds, nature lovers, photographers,...

Please let me know more info about these amphibians.

Whats that pic collection till date:
Whats that pic-1
Whats that pic-2
Whats that pic-3
Whats that pic-4
Whats that pic-5
Whats that pic-6
Whats that pic-7


Croak Croak = Bye bye :)

Comments

What a lovely way to get up in the morning. You can well become a nature photographer. Very nice pics!
Nilima Mohite said…
Hey thanks Sundari. Yes, its a beautiful way to be greeted in the morning. They also sing a nice lullaby at night ;)
Nilesh said…
Hey ...

Loved your blog ... keep writing.
Liked this post of the yellow bullfrogs ... such pics are rarely postd by anyone ...

Cheers
Nilesh