Sunday, October 10, 2010

World:10-10-10

Hey good day ppl!
And what a day! Its 10-10-10 today. It may be a great date. Many people are saying different things about it. But mostly all around the world it is being observed as a great positive step towards curbing climate crisis.

Check out the earlier post about the Mahim National park which was a garbage dump ground many years ago & now has been converted into a forest. They have butterflies, snakes, a variety of birds, trees, insects, ...

We had gone trekking to Raigad fort on 31st Dec 2009 with a trekking group 'Vedh'. This was not just a normal trek but a cleanliness drive too. Check the post about it too: Travel: Raigad Fort Trek 2009

A friend suggested I check the site: 350.org which is working towards bringing down our Carbon emission from the current 388 below 350. Read more about this: http://www.350.org/about/science

There is a group called 'Walk the Mumbai Trees' which takes you on a tour of knowing more about the trees around you. Meet them on Facebook & check for their next tour. Also I will be adding a post about the tour I took around Ruia college.



This is our small balcony garden managed by my Papa. Its a great, cool place to spend time when at home anytime of the day. Its a home to birds,insects, bees too :)

I hope I am doing my bit & would love to know how I can continue to do this everyday.

Bye. Tc.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nilima, that's a very nice post :)
    You have got together a lot of info and a lovely pic of the plants in your balcony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi its really very nice blog,very useful information..Mobiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice collection of plants you have there :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely balcony garden,it gives me the recollection of one harnessed by my mother.lovely blog you have!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Let me know your Take on this.
P.S. Dont be Evil, lets play fair :)