Book Review: Kaku che baal by Madhuri Purandare

Good day everyone,
Reading from Books in your Mother tongue are very essential. Reading to kids in mother tongue is as important as #readtokidseveryday. 

We are blessed to have both sides of grannies read out to my kids in Marathi our Mother tongue.


I recently bought lot of bilingual books from Pratham Books website to gift to our nephew in USA. My MIL read out all of them to my kids.

This book caught my attention. I read it out & was laughing away (alone at 2am ). 🙃

Grab The Book at:



Madhuri Purandare, is one of the earliest and popular Marathi Children's book Author and Illustrator.

Story:

This book talks about Anu a little girl who visits Jui aunty & her new born baby with her mother. Anu is disappointed coz the baby is sleeping & her mom won't allow her to hold him in her lap. She gets angry when the ladies coo & laugh when the baby poops. She can't understand what is so special & scolds Jui aunty for bringing home such a silly baby.

Next day she is stubborn in not giving her baby clothes, toys, cradle to the baby. But later she realises she can't use them anymore. So showing her mature self as Tai (big sister) she asks her mom to gift them to the baby & declare it is gift from Tai. 😉


What I Liked:

This is such a relatable book showing the true innocence of kids, their thought process and temperament. The illustrations are also cute. 

I loved this book. 

What I wanted more:
Planning on ordering the other books too for my kids.


Grab The Book at:



P.S I remembered a lot of lil girls while reading this book. 

What language books do you prefer to read to your kids ? 

Please share more Children's books you read to your kids.

Bye. Take care.

Comments

My Era said…
I agree, getting our kids to read books in our mother tongue is very important.

This book sounds pretty interesting. I'd surely check if this title is available in my mother tongue too.