Product Review: FirstCry's Intellikit Subscription Activity Box


Good day Everyone,
A new Product Review. This one is about: FirstCry's Intellikit Subscription Activity Box

Buying link: https://www.firstcry.com/intellikit 

Use Code: 'NILIMA70Off'  to get a 70% OFF on a 3 month subscription (Limited Period offer). 


Couple of week’s back I was shopping online at Firstcry website for both kids. I saw the Ad for #FirstCryintellikit. I was interested to try it out for my son. He loves activity boxes and I love to let them learn things in a fun, exploration way. So I checked the Theme for this month for 4-6 yrs age group.

It was the Space Explorer theme. Coincidentally, my kid's school is teaching them about the Solar System. The cartoons my son watches have the space topic interwoven in them. I also saw lot of review posts my our fellow mom bloggers community. All this helped me to choose the #intellikit for my son.

Once it arrived, my son was eager to open it. He loved the Shiny Stars & My Learning Calendar which helps parents and kids chart out activities for an entire month. The box has 8 activities and worksheets. The craft materials are all provided in the box. The explanation given about each topic is thorough. So there were activities like Space Sorting, Make a Rocket, Count and learn the Planet names,  A space themed board game, moon cookies etc.


We started with the Space Sorting. It explains the topic like What is a Galaxy? What are the Planets and Non Planets? What is a Star? This was a great conversation starter for me & my son. I have to coax out of him about what was taught in school. While doing these activities, he told me how his teachers taught What is rotation and revolution? He couldn’t believe the Sun is a very very old Star.





To keep the enthusiasm and not bore him we next did the Planets and numbers activity. This introduces Planets and their order in the Solar System. Again I was surprised because he could recite most of them correctly. We had a tough time doing this one though coz my toddler wanted to join in with 'Study with the color pens' Dada was using. So our planets by the end of it looked like color blobs. Point to note: Glossy paper doesnt absorb colour ink. It smudges and the color is on the kids hands (and my bedcover. Any good detergent you guys can suggest to take it off?)



My son loves Board Games these days. So he pleaded to jump a few activities and do this one. It was a fun game with tasks like Do a moonwalk or Space Storm happening, Take a break and miss a turn :( or Show your reaction if you meet an Alien... These were super fun. Again, in 2 rounds we wound up coz our Toddler woke up and Dada was scared she will tear the dice.


Overall a good product which will help parents teach kids concepts in a fun way and bond at the same time.

Buying link: https://www.firstcry.com/intellikit

If you would like to order the #intellikit, use Code: 'NILIMA70Off'  to get a 70% OFF on a 3 month subscription (Limited Period offer).  Pick it up now and let me know your review. 




  
What I liked:
- 8 activities and a chart full to keep the kids engaged on a topic for 30 days.
- Everything is included in the box. There are online links for more information or songs to make it more interesting.
- The price is worth the quantity provided.
- Interactive play in all activities. So its not just an information overload which this topic can create.
- The activities can be done multiple times and not just once.


What I wanted more:
- An Eco friendly product. This is not. Too much plastic used. Each activity comes in a plastic bag. This could have been avoided among other things.
- The instructions and introduction to each topic is a little tedios or rather long. My 6 yr old wanted to start the activity and I was reading out to him the steps.
- Like I mentioned earlier, execution of the activities not thought through. The colour ink wont stay on glossy paper. It spread and after a day the colors were gone from our planets. More thought need of what will work.
- This is a good product but I think it was hastily brought to the market and is just there to compete with competitors.


Check out more Products I endorse. I am sure you will find them all good for your kids.

Bye. Take care.


Comments

My baby really enjoyed this intellkit and learned so many things.
This is really good for kids .
Unknown said…
such a nice product my kido love it a lot he always plays with firstcry intellikit and enjoys each and every moment along with his intellikit
Unknown said…
The day my kids received the intellikit in their favourite theme .. They were super happy & excited to open the box ..They actually learned a lot of things about sea animals & mermaids.. This is totally recommended to all the parents.. Its a must have thing with kids of all the age groups !!
Unknown said…
I have very bad experience with intellkit.. As many pieces of activities wer missing.