Shop: Doyne's creation, Dadar. Dresses for girls

Good day people,

Now-a-days people share photo collection of babies & cute little girls dressed in elegant, lovely dresses. I love those little frilly, fluffy dresses or frocks in common terms.
Since 2007 I have been passing this shop in Dadar where they display such lovely little dresses. But I never got a chance or reason to go and shop there until last year.

My neice was turning one and I thought of gifting the little doll a pretty little dress.

I am against those bling-bling, over-the-top frills, rustling rough material they use for dresses and lining, especially for little children.

So the moment I went inside, I checked the material of the dresses. It was smooth & soft to touch. The dresses have an elegant, royal look & feel to them.

Cute dresses for girls
I got talking to the owner Mrs. Lucia Soares. She started the store 25+ years ago, since 1989. They have dresses for newborns to 12 year olds. Only Girls though ;)



Mrs. Soares herself designs each of them. Personally buys the fabrics from her selected shops. She has a workshop in Mahim where all the dresses get made.


Mrs. Lucia Soares, owner of Doyne's Creation, Dadar
They make few pieces in each size for a particular design. So there is a variety to choose from in each age group. The dresses range from party-wear to casual and daily wear.
They also take Exclusive orders for design dress for Birthday. Also orders in bulk.
They are very popular for designing flower-girls dresses worn in weddings :) I am sure each flower-girl will look cute in those designs.



Can you believe each of these dresses can be hand washed at home. I was like, please mam, design for us older ladies too :D



The prices are perfect. Looking at the dresses and shop one might feel they are expensive but I found them to be worth it. The material, quality of stitching, the soft feel, ease of maintenance and the look are worth it.



This is my neice in one of the dresses I bought here. I loved the colour combo & the sailor cut.
Mrs. Soares says, this design always sells out fast. Glad, I got a piece.
My brother loved it so much, since 1 year he has been buying dresses whenever he is in Dadar area :)

My collegues too are regular customers here.

So if you are in Dadar, please go visit Doyne's creation for sure. Its bang opposite Sena Bhavan and right next to Aaswad Hotel.

Address:
Doyne's Creation,
Arondekar house , Shop N.O 2, 234 L.J. Road, Shivaji park, Mumbai 400028, Maharashtra 400028
Contact number: 98204 16422

Like they say in the nursery rhyme-Hot Cross buns:
If you have no daughter, give them to your son... You may buy and gift to any little girls in your family or friends :)

Say Hello to Mrs. Soares from side, please ;)


Comments

"If you have no daughter..." :D
Lovely post and pictures Nilima. Catch you to make a shop visit into an interesting blog. Your niece looks like a little doll in that cute dress you gifted her.