Food: Oriental Spice,A Chinese Restaurant, Thane

Good day people,
As my mom will say, We have been doing a lot of  'Hotelling' these days.
And I have taken it upon myself to Review each of these places.

So another family favorite for Authentic Chinese in Thane is 'Oriental Spice'.

It was one of the first Authentic Chinese Restaurant in Thane. Even with big malls like Viviana & Korum and Chinese restaurant chains like Mainland Chinese, China Bistro,... Oriental Spice has a loyal fan following.


Oriental Spice, Thane

Be prepared to be in Waiting queue on weekends. Its turn around is fast, without giving the feeling of being rushed, so you wont lose your appetite waiting outside :)

We frequent Oriental Spice couple of times in a year even though our usual favorite Chinese restaurant (China Bistro) being walking distance away.

So this time we landed here on a Sunday for lunch. Thankfully we got a table for 3 immediately. I am Eggetarian, my 2 year old son and hubby enjoy non-vegetarian food. Here though the menu is well set and you will love any dish you order, we prefer to let our Captain suggest the dishes.

They always make some lovely, unique, authentic Chinese dishes albeit suiting the Indian palete but never over the top.
  
We opted for 1 Soup veg, non-veg each and 1 Veg Starter.
 Since my son loves mushroom, we opted for Mushroom Tofu soup Veg and Spicy Crab meat soup for my husband.

Mushroom Tofu veg soup, it was hot & filling

Spicy crab meat soup, it was perfect remedy for cold
 I cant finish 1 whole veg starter dish, my husband then ends up finishing it instead of tasting along with his non veg dish. So we opted only for 1 veg starter.

The Captain suggested Mushroom and Baby corn in pepper sauce. It was really awesome, peppery and lil tinge of sweet. If I had tried I could have finished the whole dish :D

Mushroom & Baby corn in Pepper sauce
If we are in Oriental Spice, my husband will always want to end the meal with its Pot rice, this time Veg cause I was sharing it.
It a superb combination of rice and noodles in hot and sweet sauce  with lot of veggies in it. You should really try it. I am now tired of Thai curry rice in all restaurants and weddings.


Veg Pot rice in a clay pot
 The entire meal is quick with its attentive staff always around to serve and help without hovering around tables. They are good with kids too, so you can be assured your kids will enjoy being there instead of being intimidated or bored. My kid was at his jumping best that day and almost knocked down the sofa's upright cushions. He was scared of a scolding but our friendly waiter smilingly offered him litchi candies they offer as mouth fresheners with the bill.

Chocolate Mousse

I cant go without desert or a Mock-tail. This time since I had a filing Soup, I let the Mock-tail pass. So Dessert was a must have. The Captain rolled off a few fresh dessert names. I quickly picked up Chocolate mousse, no one can go wrong with a Mousse. My hubby opted for Apple cinnamon cake.

Apple Cinnamon cake with a dollop of Vanilla ice cream
The Mousse was perfect in sweetness and rich in creaminess. The Cinnamon smell was wafting even before it reached our table. My son had a go at the ice cream, I tasted the cake to compare it with the one I make. This was way better :D so much that next day I tried to bake one :D

I forgot to mention the Ambiance, The food is so good :)


The place is small but beautifully arranged, with sections for large group seating to small corners for couples and families. The furniture is sturdy wooden made and gives a quaint feel to the place, but the lighting and big windows keeps it feeling fresh.


They make sure everyone is seated comfortably and served well.
Some people think its a little expensive, but for the menu, quality of food, service, ambiance I believe its worth it.
Even though they don't serve alcohol.


Our bill with 2 soups, 1 starter, 1rice dish, 2 desserts came around Rs.1500. Worth it, I believe.

More details about this Restaurant:
Name: Oriental Spice, A Chinese Restaurant, Thane
Location: Shreeji Arcade, Almeda Road, Panch Pakhadi, Panch Pakhadi, Thane West, Thane.
Website: http://www.orientalspice.in/
Phone number: 022 25421111, 022 25394917
Cuisine: Authentic Chinese
Image:



Do try it out if you are in Thane.

Other eating places we have reviewed ;)
Food: China Bistro, Shivaji Park.

Food: Prakash Shakahari Upahar Kendra, Dadar

Food: Status restaurant, Mahim west

Food: Lassi near Dadar Station, Jai Shri Krishna Dairy Farm

Irani snack time,Crown Bakery, Mahim

Travel : Jaipur visit in 1 day


Stay tuned for more Food reviews coming up. 2 to be exact :D

Bye. Take care. Have a blessed week ahead :)
Oriental Spice Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

The apple pie and pot rice look awesome. Looks like the place is a must try... drooling :D
Excellent and detailed review with lovely pics Nilima. Great work!!!
Sohini Banerjee said…
Great work Nilima.. Myself being a chinese lover will surely visit Oriental Spice very soon.. Thanks and keep up the excellent work.
Anonymous said…
Lovely review Nilima.. I am total chinese lover and the food looks really tempting. So this place is a must try for me.. Thanks and keep up the great work :-D ..
Shanaya Tales said…
Good review, Nilima. Just that I am very hungry now, with no access to food for some time. :P