Book Review: A What Chin? by Ashly Curren and Illustration by Danielle Hruska

Good day!
A What Chin? That is what I said too. Do you know another name for Cleft Chin? Butt Chin is a term I came to know after reading this book 😜 I am old 🤣

 * Disclaimer - This book "A What Chin?" refers to a "butt chin" or commonly known as Cleft chin.

Age: 4-8 yrs




Story:

A Young boy is teased for the shape of his chin. He thinks its rude of the kids to tease someone for a body part. He knows many people with a "Butt Chin" a term which was unknown to him till now. He tries to think of various ways to get rid of the chin. All are hilarious, I can say that. He then acknowledges that his Chin is very much part of him and he is ok with however it is. 


Grab The Book at: 

What I liked:

I read the Disclaimer by the Author in one of the Facebook posts. It got me interested. Even I didnt knew the term but I have seen many people with those types of Chin. I never gave it much thought. Or may be I am too simple minded 😉

So I downloaded and Read the book in flat 5 mins.I liked the book. I loved how the Author Ashly has added the message of Self-worth, Bullying along with hilarious ideas to make the chin go away. The illustrations are fresh and get you imagining more ways to make the Chin go away :D

Each line rhymes and is simple + Funny. Potty Humor or whatever you call it, it was fun to read this book.

We need more such Fun books which impart a message too.

This is Ashlyn Curren's Debut book and she wrote this book to impart a good message since she was teased her whole life for having a Chin like that.

What I wanted more:

Closure. May how he also taught the bully's how it is wrong to tease anyone. I like Happily-Ever-Afters so maybe this could be added. Totally my thought.

Grab The Book at: 


Do GrabTheBook, read it with your kids and after going ROFL leave a review on Amazon and Goodreads. Thank you in advance.

Bye. Take care.

Comments