Book Review: My Friend Teddy: Helping Kids Love Dogs by Natalia Maguire


Book Review:  My Friend Teddy by Natalia Maguire,  Illustrated by Chris Borodina


Good day!
I am excited to talk about the Book: My friend Teddy by Natalia Maguire. This book aims at Helping kids love Dogs. It narrates a story about a Dog who saves his owner.
I am sure after reading the book kids will be atleast be open to befriending Dogs and other animals.

The Author is a mother of three and founder of an educational play center for kids. She has a knack of explaining things to kids in their terms. I can vouch for that after reading this book.

Book Review: My Friend Teddy: Helping Kids Love Dogs by Natalia Maguire

Story:

A boy gets to know that they have a new neighbor called Mrs.Summers. The scary part is she owns a Dog. The little boy is scared of Dogs. One day while coming home from a friends house, he meets the Dog. The Dog manages to bring out all the fears about Dogs for the boy. So he is very careful not to encounter the Dog for a few days. Then again one rainy evening, he meets the Dog. Today the Dog pulls at his pants legs. The boy is calling for Help but the Dog seems to be pulling the boy somewhere. The boy follows the Dog and comes across an old lady lying in the rain on her porch. 

Why is the lady sitting there in the rain? Is she hurt? What will the boy do? How can he get help?

Grab The Book and Find out:




What I liked:

The story is true to its Subtitle: Helping Kids Love Dogs.
 The story details out how the boy feels about Dogs and his fear of them. It also shows how his parents try to calm him and not admonish his phobia. They showed how the dog trusted him thus building confidence and letting him make his own decision.

Author Natalia Maguire has picked little little nuances and emotions of kids (and even adults) face when they think of Dogs or any animal.


Book Review: My Friend Teddy: Helping Kids Love Dogs by Natalia Maguire

It is a short story but a very detailed one. I liked how it packed in so many topics together.

The characters are few but each have a good part including the toy Robot :)
The language is simple yet rich but just right for kids understanding.

The illustrations are lovely. They do justice to the story narrations. Loved how Teddy is shown in first few pages & then transformed towards later pages. Good job Illustrator, Chris Borodina.

Book Review: My Friend Teddy: Helping Kids Love Dogs by Natalia Maguire


 My son is crazy about dogs while my daughter is hesitant with all animals. I am sure both of them will love reading this book.

I am recommending this book to all parents to #readtokids. 

What I wanted more:

I wanted to know the name of the boy :) I am sure the Author purposefully did not mention it so we can use our own imaginary names ;)
I am keen on reading more books by Author Natalia Maguire and Illustrated by Chris Borodina.
Are you too?

Grab The Book and Find out:






Author Natalia Maguire


About Natalia Maguire:


As a mother of three kids, a founder, and a manager of an educational play center, I know for sure that all kids come to this world with a distinctive character and a unique vision of life. It excites me to see how these different kids explore the world and become confident at new things. My life experience has given me a particular skill of explaining various, sometimes quite complicated things to children. There is no better payback than seeing their eyes sparkle, "I understand! I can!"

When my children were small, we spent our evenings reading books and telling our own stories. All those stories turned out to be motivational in nature. I believe that making kids believe in themselves is the best thing that a parent or an educator can do.

Now, with my children having grown older, I decided to share these stories with other kids. I have written and self-published several books, that are all working towards one goal - giving kids what I believe to be the strongest platform in life - love and self-confidence.

Connect with her on:


Grab The Book, Read it and leave a Review on Amazon and Goodreads. Thank you in advance.

Bye. Take care.

Comments