Kid Activity: Guided Imagery Meditation for Young Kids by Ilona Selke from Thriive

Good day Parents,
Happy Children's Day !

Do you meditate? Do you think your kids are hyper? How do you get them to focus on one task at a time? How do you boost their morale & teach them to Believe in Themselves?


My answers:
I meditate (sometimes ;) ).
My kids are active to the extent of irritating people around them. But they are not destructive.
I have to set time limits and offer prize if the task is completely done.
I talk to them. Explain. Appreciate. Show by example.

I think they still can do better if they Self-Realize all this.

Another way is to teach them Meditation.
I have been into Meditation since 2005. I have done multiple courses in Vipassana and believe in Alternate Medicine too.

Meditation, need not mean sitting still for hours, concentrating, chanting something, forgoing materialistic things, going away to remote places etc.
It is a simple way of going inwards and finding your True Self.

With my kids, I try to get them to sit down and focus on their breath or a chant something. But its not easy to get them to listen all the time.

Many a times, they wont listen to parents. But they will easily listen to grandparents, friends, teachers. This is easier when its done in a fun way or through stories/activities/role-play etc.

I was looking for some way to get them to calm down, focus on one thing at a time and be productive.

I was contacted by Thriive last month. They wanted to know if me and my kid would like to try out a Guided Imagery Meditation for Young Kids by Ilona Selke from Thriive.
It is a video about a story of a young boy.  This story is narrated by Ilona Selke in a very calm and encapturing voice.

The boy in the story, finds for himself that, if he relaxes his mind. If he lets go of all his fears. Tries to be calm and watch his breath, he can find answers. He can solve his problems better. He can achieve what he wants or wants to become, if he truly Believes it and Visualizes it.

They released this Video, Free of cost on the eve of Children's Day 2018.
Cool isnt it? Try it out & check below our experience.



I checked with my kid if he would like to try it, without mentioning its Meditation ;)
He loves to help me with my Work, he says :D

This Guided Meditation like all courses/treatments needs to be done for atleast a week.
We managed to do it 3 days. But we gave it a try atleast and now while laying on our beds at night I repeat the story or what my kid loves to Visualize with him. This calms him down and he is becoming more confident of himself.


My son ( 5.5yrs) after the first session told me it was a Story and a lady was telling it. It also had pictures and it was about a little boy. He understood the concept he says.
He realized that one needs to Believe in oneself & imagine/visualize what one wants to become.

So below is the video I asked him to shoot giving a review & what he liked/understood about it after the last session.


Listen to the: Guided Imagery Meditation for Young Kids by Ilona Selke from Thriive

Know about Thriive at:
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

Let us know how you liked this post and what are your views about Meditation.

Bye. Take care.

Comments